[klibc] RFT: klibc 2.0.5

Ben Hutchings ben at decadent.org.uk
Sat Jan 19 22:31:43 PST 2019

On Sun, 2019-01-20 at 04:37 +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
[...]
> ppc/powerpc-linux-gnu:          pass                     fail: malloctest2*,
>                                                          setjmptest*, sigint*
[...]
> s390x/s390x-linux-gnu:          fail: fcntl              fail: malloctest2*,                                  setjmptest*              setjmptest*,
>                                                          sigint*
[...]
> Unfortunately this shows that there were some regressions for powerpc
> (32-bit) and s390x, which I will need to investigate.

I think this is a bug in QEMU's ELF loader - it doesn't properly handle
a pure BSS segment (one with file size of 0).  The difference between
2.0.4 and 2.0.5 is that I explicitly disabled PIE which removed some
unused dynamic linking machinery.  These specific test programs now
have BSS but no writable static data.

And I spotted another test program that has this property (setjmptest
on s390x), which also had it when built for 2.0.4.  It also failed in
both versions, but I failed to record this in the table above.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
You can't have everything.  Where would you put it?