[klibc] testing by building mksh (was Re: RFT: klibc 2.0.5)

Ben Hutchings ben at decadent.org.uk
Sun Jan 20 16:13:10 PST 2019

On Sun, 2019-01-20 at 14:18 +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> *massive* thanks for picking up klibc work. This might motivate
> me to pick up some of the TODOs for it that have piled on in my
> TODO (but only after the freeze, I’m sorry to say, I have more
> to do for other packages).
>
> >And I spotted another test program that has this property
> (setjmptest
>
> setjmp is a good topic… I found that building mksh and running its
> testsuite is a good test to find compiler/toolchain/libc/kernel
> bugs and would be glad if you could add this to your tests on all
> platforms (should even work on those not supported by Debian).

Well I'm using Debian's cross-compiler packages so I don't currently
have a way to support anything else.

> The easiest way is to just package klibc, throw that into an sbuild
> or cowbuilder/pbuilder chroot and try to rebuild mksh with it, then
> look at the build log (look for “Build information for static-klibc
> mksh” and some lines blow “Result: regressed” and “| Total failed: 0”
> are the important knobs, but lksh is also currently built with klibc
> if it failed, so a few lines below, under “Build information for
> legacy mksh” the same should be, plus “| CC='klcc'” under “Variables
> used”.
[...]

I've pushed my current test script out to:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/bwh/klibc-maint.git/
If you can work out how to integrate mksh into this then please do that
and send patches.  But I'm probably not going to do it myself.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
You can't have everything.  Where would you put it?