[klibc] nfsmount default timeo=7 causes timeouts on 100 Mbps

Alkis Georgopoulos alkisg at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 00:51:07 PDT 2019

I think I got it.

Both nfsmount and `mount -t nfs` now default to rsize/wsize = 1 MB.
By lowering this to 32K, all issues are gone, even with the default
timeo=7. And nfsroot=xxx client responsiveness is a whole lot better.

I think when nfsmount was initially written, the default rsize/wsize
were much lower, which matched the timeo=7.

Now they cause the lags/timeouts that I reported.

So please, instead of increasing timeo, decrease the default rsize/wsize
to 32K.
(or, where does that 1 MB default come from, so that I report it there...)

Thanks,
Alkis