[klibc] mips64el stat/time/…? problem

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Wed Jan 4 00:14:04 PST 2023

On Wed, Jan 4, 2023, at 01:47, Ben Hutchings wrote:

> Right, and klibc's definition of struct stat for mips64 seems to have
> been copied from mips and edited without fixing that difference.

Ok, that makes sense.

> Arnd: I haven't looked at Y2038-proofing klibc yet, but when I do: is
> there a simple upgrade path for stat() or will I need to wrap statx()?

You have to use statx() here, but the upside is that this can be
done in an architecture-independent way.

I have recently started revisiting a larger cleanup of the way we
generate the system call tables. It should be possible to use this
to generate the libc-side wrappers as well, which may help with the
y2038 conversion.

       Arnd