[klibc] testing by building mksh (was Re: RFT: klibc 2.0.5)

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Fri Jan 27 10:24:03 PST 2023

Ben Hutchings dixit:

>I've pushed my current test script out to:
>https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/bwh/klibc-maint.git/
>If you can work out how to integrate mksh into this then please do that
>and send patches.  But I'm probably not going to do it myself.

Given the qemu bugs, I think we’d probably have to disable a few
at first.

I really need klcc for this though, and getting a klcc that can
be used against a built but not installed klibc tree is HARD. Do
you think you could change klibc to built two copies of klcc,
one to be installed and the other to be usable with the build tree
in its current location?

(Eventually, utility builds like klibc-dash’s could then use the
internal klcc instead of abstraction-breaking knowledge, but that’s
not a requirement, just a possible benefit.)

If I have a klcc I can use, I can easily enough hook an mksh build
and test run in there (modulo qemu bugs preventing certain tests
from succeeding).

bye,
//mirabilos
--
When he found out that the m68k port was in a pretty bad shape, he did
not, like many before him, shrug and move on; instead, he took it upon