[Lancelot] Stratix is dead(*), long live Stratix II.

Tommy Thorn tommy at numba-tu.com
Mon Feb 2 15:28:32 PST 2004

[I hope nobody is annoyed with my rambling; let me know.]

Barely was the ink dry from my previous message before Altera announced
it's latest baby, the Stratix II.  I hope there will be development boards
out there with an EP2S15, as the upcoming Quartus II web edition software
version 4.0 will support the Stratix II EP2S15 devices.

Gory details about the new family, and in particular it's new-style LUTs:
http://www.altera.com/corporate/promotions/ads/a/stratix2a.html?WT.mc_n=st2&WT.mc_t=iec_alt_a3_051

(*) not really.

Cheers,

  Tommy