[Lancelot] Something to watch out for...

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue Sep 21 21:18:40 PDT 2004

Tommy Thorn wrote:

> Other news: The Stratix-II edition of our favorite board is out, alas, for the
> not-so-cheap $1k.  Anyone played with it yet?

It's a darn tempting thing, because you get an EP2S60 "for a limited
time".  Unfortunately that means that you won't be able to get updates
once your one-year subscription expires, since it won't work with webpack.

It's still tempting, though.  M-RAM and multiplier arrays, and of course
more speed.

Presumably there will be a Cyclone II version eventually, too.  Cyclone
II has multipliers, but no M-RAM, and is presumably slower than Stratix II.

	-hpa