[Lancelot] Sale on Cyclone I and Stratix I devel boards

Tommy Thorn tommy at numba-tu.com
Thu Apr 6 13:50:34 PDT 2006

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>> I was at the Embedded Systems Conference in San Jose yesterday, and
>> Altera was handing out coupons to buy the Nios Development Kits with
>> Cyclone I (EP1C20) and Stratix I (EP1S10) for $198 until 5/5/06.  If
>> anyone is interested let me know and I can send you the coupon code.
>
> On that note, anyone has been able to find the Lancelot board from any
> place other than Microtronix lately?  They took over the
> distributorship, and have jacked the price to $175, which makes it
> more than some entire FPGA boards.
There are now a large selection of boards with the minimal support of
VGA, PS/2, and Audio for a more reasonable price, making the
something+Lancelot a less appealing option.  Luckily, the Lancelot is so
bare-bone that designs for it ports over pretty easily.

Tommy -- still searching for a Cyclone II EP2C70 board