[Lancelot] Re: Cyclone II EP2C70 available now

Tommy Thorn tommy at numba-tu.com
Tue Apr 25 15:37:24 PDT 2006

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>> (http://altera.com/products/devkits/altera/kit-video-cyclone2.html)
> Hm... don't see any networking nor any mass storage support listed.
> It might be there, but without it it's hard to use this for anything sane.
Grief.  Good point.  This is WYSIWYG.

If you were to use Lancelot for PS/2 ports, then you'd be out of
expansion headers, but otherwise I think it wouldn't be too hard to hook
up an MMC/SD card slot which is blessed with a low pin count, though not
as fast & big as CF. Ethernet would be harder
(http://www.fpga4fun.com/10BASE-T.html suggests a scary hack for
10Base-T Ethernet if everything else fails).

As of this writing, this is the only commercially available EP2C70 board
out there.

Tommy