lpsm!

Jacques Mony jacques.mony at gmail.com
Wed May 31 17:12:02 PDT 2006

Hi,

I looking for a large-scale persistence solution for the Unununium
operating system (unununium.org). At the moment, I do consider using
the Linux kernel as the kernel, but build something else over it. One
of the key feature of the OS would be persistence. However, up to now,
the persistence solutions we have found were maily based on whole
process checkpointing. While this is not so bad, we are considering a
way to make persistent only data.

We want to run everything into one single process... but might use many threads.

Do you think lpsm can help there? We would need to manage the whole
memory area with it... and probably more than the physical RAM, as we
don't want to use a file system anymore.

--
Jacques Mony