[hdt] How to glue com32 module in grub2 ?

Pierre-Alexandre Meyer pierre at mouraf.org
Tue Nov 3 21:16:23 PST 2009

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 09:36:31AM +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:
> It is really very exciting to have hdt as an inbuilt feature of grub2.
> Could any one kindly suggest the modification/dependency required in
> grub2 to have com32 module ?  I'll definitely convey the  grub2 list
> with your info.

Do you want to actually port HDT to grub2?

It is _doable_ (GPL/BSD), but potentially a lot of work.

The biggest chunk is to port all libraries (i.e. find an equivalent to
syslinux specific calls, the way interrupts are called, ...).
CLI and menu are (mostly) regular C.

But keep in mind that it will be a lot of code (libraries,
menu, CLI, ... ~700K?) and keeping in sync with upstream will be painful
(evolves quickly).

As for supporting the COM32 interface, you should look at the doc/
directory, in the syslinux sources.

--
Pierre-Alexandre Meyer