[klibc] kinit now handles both ipconfig and nfsroot

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Mon May 5 16:23:36 PDT 2003

I just checked in changes to kinit, such that it is now a single 29KB
executable that replaces the kernel's ipconfig and nfsroot code.

The kinit code isn't very elegant, but I figured it was better to save
space than to fully generalise it so that it could be extended in a sort
of modular fashion.  If someone wants modularity, I figure they can
spend the few extra KB and run the standalone ipconfig and nfsmount
programs.

I've tested the ipconfig, nfsmount, and kinit code, and they all behave
themselves.  Note, however, that I haven't had time to try kinit in an
initramfs environment yet.

Peter, I think it may be worth rolling a 0.82 release and asking for
testers on lkml.

	<b