[klibc] libsysfs and klibc

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 12 18:29:43 PDT 2004

--- Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> wrote:
> > I have the udev version of libsysfs in the DRI project but I am getting
> grief
> > about having a copy of a library in CVS and they want me to remove it.
>
> Tell them you have to link statically, which is what I think you need to
> do, correct?  Also, you don't want to rely on libsysfs not changing in
> the future, which odds are it will.  That's why udev includes a copy, it
> removes that big headache of users getting mismatched versions as the
> libsysfs authors haven't really incorporated any good versioning into
> their library yet.

I'm linking statically and I tried explaining those reasons. There are a couple
of purists in the group making a big stink about it. So after arguing with them
for three weeks I gave up.

But I just had a better idea, instead of directly relying on the klibc and sysfs
distributions I could just tell them to get a copy of the udev tree.

> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

=====
Jon Smirl