[klibc] Update ash-port to NetBSD-1.6.1

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Fri Jul 16 16:05:53 PDT 2004

On Donnerstag, 15. Juli 2004 18:31, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> I have received at least one contribution for this, but it nearly
> doubles the size of what is already the largest binary, by far, in the
> klibc distribution, almost three times the size of the library itself.
>
> I think it needs to be cut down in size to something closer to the original.

Has anyone looked into porting sash? I have just built a minimal sash version
containing only these:

echo pwd cd mkdir mknod rmdir sync rm chmod touch mv ln cp cmp more sum
exit setenv printenv umask kill where help alias aliasall source exec prompt
unalias

The original sash also contains some more that could be added:

ar chgrp chown dd ed file find grep ls more tar chattr lsattr gzip
gunzip mount umount

 wc *.c *.h
   1256    2521   16970 cmds.c
     18      89     964 nop.c
   1266    3032   20366 sash.c
   1094    3083   19315 utils.c
    152     716    4614 sash.h
   3786    9441   62229 total

The binaries are less than half the size of ash (21 vs 74 kb for
the shared version on s390).

	Arnd <><