[klibc] run-init warning

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue Jun 8 12:15:24 PDT 2004

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> The check for not wiping out the real root filesystem is based on the
> presence of the /init file. Rationale: it is impossible to distinguish
> between initramfs and a chrooted environment based on the result of the
> statfs call.

The goal with the statfs() call was to verify that we're not on a
persistent filesystem; I think I'd prefer it to be there.

It looks like the only changes you made were the chdir() and removing
the statfs(), right?  From your previous post I suspect that statfs() is
simply broken in klibc (not really surprising since I just made big
changes to it last night.)  I'll see if I can make it cleaner.