[klibc] Question about islower() in ctype.h (ANSI compat headers test)

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Mon Mar 7 15:12:02 PST 2005

On Maandag 07 März 2005 22:55, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> It doesn't seem worth it dropping the iso-8859-1 default for high bytes
> (it makes the table 128 bytes larger but the code for each invocation
> gets smaller since it doesn't have to bounds-check); I don't expect to
> have any kind of wide char/Unicode support any time soon, as much as I
> like Unicode.

Just nitpicking, but is there any reason to use ISO-8859-1 instead of
ISO-8859-15, which contains the € (Euro) sign? Unfortunately, they are
not treated identical because e.g. islower() should be true for 'ž' (184),
but not the respective character '¸' in ISO-8859-1. (Hmm, I wonder if this
mail comes across correctly in UTF-8).

      Arnd <><