[klibc] curious unpacking issue

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 09:06:25 PDT 2006

On 4/10/06, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:
> Aaron Griffin wrote:
> > For now I will attempt with the git tree.  Assuming this works, I may
> > end up diff-ing the init/ code for the vanilla tree, just to see where
> > it stands.
> >
> > Yeah, I know I'm trying things that haven't been tested, but, in a
> > way, I enjoy that.
> >

> Heh.  It probably isn't that hard to backport to 2.6.16, but use the git
> tree (which is currently based off 2.6.17-rc1) as a basis.
>
> Anyway, the sooner we can get remaining bugs smoked out the sooner we
> can get this into -mm and then into mainstream.  I think we have a
> pretty good chance of getting this merged into mainstream during the
> 2.6.18-rc1 merge window.

That's great news - do you maintain some sort of bug-list somewhere?
I'd be willing to help track things down.  While I have a fairly
vanilla system at the moment (ide+reiser), I have a spare box I've
been meaning to throw some overly complex raid+lvm+encrypted root
setup on.  I'd be willing to test some of the more obscure filesystems
too, if you need help there.

Thanks for all your work,
Aaron