[klibc] klibc rejected for 2.6.18

maximilian attems maks at sternwelten.at
Thu Jul 6 01:53:42 PDT 2006

On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 10:38:49PM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Well, klibc has -- apparently -- been rejected for 2.6.18.  I guess that
> means now is the time to do additional work.

somehow expected due to the large number of discussions.
cool concerning the additional work what are your plans?

> I am hoping that this will be discussed as KS, and that there will be
> some additional direction from that.  Right now I have to admit to being
> rather discouraged, not so much by the rejection itself as by the lack
> of rationale.

why couple the removal of in kernel code with klibc addition?
i think the in kernel code should go through the
feature-removal-schedule.txt procedure.
such a patch should be the last of the klibc series.

best regards

--
maks