[klibc] ramfs to tmpfs

sferriol sylvain.ferriol at imag.fr
Fri Sep 29 00:36:51 PDT 2006

Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I was using a bunch of cpios in initramfs as a working system, and
> wondering why the unused files weren't being paged out to swap.
>
> So I reread ramfs-rootfs-initramfs.txt and now I know.
>
> So I wrote the attached utility. It creates a tmpfs, moves all files
> on the initramfs, moves / and executes the real init.
>
> It works, even with hardlinks, but it isn't the correct approach. Have
> anyone implemented a small init, in klibc, that decompresses a bunch of
> cpios to a tmpfs?

yes, i code a cpio reduced command for decompress a cpio.
i use it in debian-installer, but maximillian said that my code is under
GPL not BSD.
so he has started to code unpack which will do the same but under BSD
license
maximillian, tell me if i'm wrong ?

anymway i attach the cpio code if you need it

sylvain