[klibc] PATCH: ipconfig may discard useful packets

Άλκης Άλκης
Mon Oct 6 23:16:48 PDT 2008

Sorry for the very late reply, I was waiting for the schools to open to
test with the routers I have in my labs.

To be brief:
* I still have problems with ipconfig discarding useful packets
* I still have problems with ipconfig selecting the wrong dhcp server.

I'd like to propose some patches to correct them both.
For the second one, I'm asking to implement the approach used in gpxe:
https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=200809140042.20343.mbrown%40fensystems.co.uk

So, with the patches I'd like to propose, when ipconfig is ran (maybe
with a specific command line parameter), it will wait for e.g. 1 second
to collect dhcp offers. Then it will prefer/accept the offer having the
bigger gpxe.priority (if any).

As an alternative, I could implement the equivalents of the
"select-timeout" and "require" statements of dhclient.conf, which can
also allow ipconfig to select one of many dhcp servers.

I'll need maybe a day to implement this and probably a week to do
extensive testing, so I'd appreciate a preliminary "ok, go ahead and try
it" before starting... :-)

Of course I will sent small "step-by-step" patches like you instructed.

Kind regards,
Alkis Georgopoulos

Στις 14-07-2008, ημέρα Δευ, και ώρα 08:40 -0700, ο/η H. Peter Anvin
έγραψε: