[klibc] ipconfig: DHCP fixes

Louis Rilling Louis.Rilling at kerlabs.com
Tue Mar 16 09:02:02 PDT 2010

On 16/03/10 16:47 +0100, maximilian attems wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 04:29:09PM +0100, Louis Rilling wrote:

> oh you confused me, really, please never use the same subject
> as an old patch. those were still in mem as beeing merged,
> so overlooked message body. great queue indeed.

I admit that a difference of only one word can be confusing :)

> > > okay let me check, one sec, that would suck if they'd not be in.
> > > so we are speaking here of:
> > > http://git.debian.org/?p=kernel/klibc.git;a=summary
> > > branch master I hope
> >
> > Exactly.
>
> cool.
>

> > > this one contains:
> > > cfc8d64
> > > maximilian attems
> > > [klibc] ipconfig: set null ciaddr on DHCPREQUEST during SELECTING state
> >
> > This very commit introduced the bug that my second patch fixes. It's mentioned
> > in the log.
>
> grr I see.
>

> > > b4bad5b
> > > Aron Griffis
> > > ipconfig: omit zero-length DHCP vendor_class_identifier
> >
> > And this very commit introduced the bug that my first patch fixes. Again, it's
> > mentioned in the log.
> >
> > Maybe my patches' logs are confusing?
>
> yes, do you mind now that I'm merging them in that I change
> there subject while doing that?

No, please do whatever you feel that will be less confusing.

> > > yep aboves was a birthday present like change, so happy. :)
> >
> > And now quilt bugs me because I'm not using dpkg-source???
>
> hmm ah yes you may need an unstable chroot to build it,
> need directions on that?

No thanks, I have KiBi as co-worker in my office, so he's of great help ;)

> > The surprising thing is that I received only the cover letter???
>
> funny.
>
> > Thanks to you, but I fail to see the sun here :-/
>
> here in Gettysburg after some deluvial rains that made all the snow
> melt it is finaly back, hope for some days. :)

I see. Have a nice journey then ;)

Cheers,

Louis

--
Dr Louis Rilling			Kerlabs
Skype: louis.rilling			Batiment Germanium