[klibc] Build problems: klibc with Linux 3.10.7

leroy christophe christophe.leroy at c-s.fr
Thu Aug 22 22:36:32 PDT 2013

Le 22/08/2013 20:30, Thorsten Glaser a écrit :
> leroy christophe dixit:
>
>> But I'm building a klibc/klcc for cross-compilation, and I don't need (and
>> don't want) a powerpc klibc.so in /lib in the middle of all other i386 libs.
> Of course you don’t. You’re just needing to set SHLIBDIR explicitly
> for this specific use case.
Yes, SHLIBDIR must be /lib for the link, then something different for
the installation on the host.

>> As I say above your answer, when I set prefix to /opt/klibc and SHLIBDIR to
>> /opt/klibc/lib, the target tried to load klibc.so from /opt/klibc/lib instead
>> of /lib
> That’s correct of course, except…
>
>> But ok, I found the way to achieve what I need. I need to do in two steps:
>> 1) make prefix=/opt/klibc
>> 2) make INSTALLROOT=/opt/klibc prefix=/ install
> … ah. Like that.
>
> So you want klibc to be installed in /opt/klibc on both host and target
> *except* the shared library which you want in /lib on target only? How
> perverted is that? What kind of magic do you expect here?
Euh... I only do a "make install" on the host. Then when I prepare the
initramfs for the target, the only thing I do is to copy
/opt/klibc/lib/klibc/bin/* to /bin and
/opt/klibc/lib/klibc/lib/klibc-*.so to /lib
Indeed I don't even need this klibc-.so installed to SHLIBDIR as it is
also present in /opt/klibc/lib/klibc/lib/