[Lancelot] Something to watch out for...

Tommy Thorn tommy at numba-tu.com
Tue Sep 21 14:30:12 PDT 2004

> I hadn't put cf_power in the pinlist I published ages ago, and as a
> result it was left floating.  The bizarre result was that the CF card
> worked for reading, but not for writing!  I guess there was just enough
> power let through that the capacitors held Vcc high enough to work
> (presumably above 3.2 V or so) except when it was writing.

D'oh!  That's probably why my CF cards didn't work with your sound
player.

Other news: The Stratix-II edition of our favorite board is out, alas, for the
not-so-cheap $1k.  Anyone played with it yet?

On the cheaper scale, Xilinx came out with a great Spartan-3 starter kit,
with VGA, PS2, and 1MiB SRAM.

My MIPS project stalled a long time ago.  I need to get multiport access to the
external SRAM going.

Tommy