[Lancelot] Something to watch out for...

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue Sep 21 21:14:59 PDT 2004

Tommy Thorn wrote:
>>I hadn't put cf_power in the pinlist I published ages ago, and as a
>>result it was left floating.  The bizarre result was that the CF card
>>worked for reading, but not for writing!  I guess there was just enough
>>power let through that the capacitors held Vcc high enough to work
>>(presumably above 3.2 V or so) except when it was writing.
>
> D'oh!  That's probably why my CF cards didn't work with your sound
> player.

Probably... want to try it out with "assign cf_power = 1;"?

I'm going to release version 11 of the ABC80 project as soon as it
finishes doing a clean synthesis, and include a new CF card image.  The
CF card image has programs to set the character set to Swedish/Finnish
(default), Danish/Norwegian, or "international" (US).  The cool part is
I actually wrote the card on the ABC80; just uploaded the files with
TERM100 (terminal program), which -- much to my surprise -- worked right
out of the box, and -- even more surprising -- without being dependent
on CPU speed.  I'm guessing it's using the 128 µs interrupt to do its thing.

	-hpa