[Lancelot] Re: RE: Lancelot Digest, Vol 10, Issue 3

Jowen Yeo jyeo at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 13 19:51:13 PST 2005

Hi Derek,

I am using Altera's Cyclone board, not a third party one.  I am also able to create a project that controls the LEDs so maybe it is the cable, I'll try to get a USB one soon.

I tried the following the manual's instructions again, this time with the flash.flash file that Marco provided (after erasing the entire flash device as he suggested).  There is still no monitor output.  But when I look at the HSync and VSync signals from the Lancelot's VGA output with an oscilloscope, I do see waves.

The positive and negative width's of the HSync are 28.6us and 3.7us, and the positive and negative for the VSync are 110us and 16.5ms.  It seems like the HSync signal matches the 640x480 timing requirements, but the VSync matches the 800x600 requirements and is inverted?!

Thanks,
Jowen